Generic Management NQF Level 4
A person acquiring this qualification will be able to manage first line managers in an organisational entity.
First line managers may include team leaders, supervisors, junior managers, section heads, and supervisors.
The focus of this qualification is to enable learners to develop competence in a range of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values including:
- Initiating, developing, implementing and evaluating operational strategies, projects and action plans, and where appropriate, recommending change within teams and/or the unit to improve the effectiveness of the unit.
- Monitoring and measuring performance and applying continuous or innovative improvement interventions in the unit in order to attain its desired outcomes, including customer satisfaction, and thereby contributing towards the achievement of the objectives and vision of the entity.
- Leading a team of first line managers, by capitalising on the talents of team members and promoting synergistic interaction between individuals and teams, to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness in order to achieve the goals of the entity.
- Building relationships using communication processes both vertically and horizontally within the unit, with superiors and with stakeholders across the value chain to ensure the achievement of intended outcomes.
- Applying the principles of risk, financial and knowledge management and business ethics within internal and external regulatory frameworks in order to ensure the effectiveness and sustainability of the unit
- Enhancing the development of teams and team members through facilitating the acquisition of skills, coaching, providing career direction, and capitalising on diversity in the unit.
- Mathematics in Business
- Business Communications
- Leadership Skills
- Team Building
- Problem Solving
- Disaster Risk Managment
No formal experience required; and Competence in communication and mathematical literacy NQF level 3 or equivalent
SAQA ID: 57712 (W&R Seta or Services Seta Accredited)
Duration: 1 Year