The opportunity exists for a newly created full-time position as Welding Occupational Trade Training Position at the Route 21 Training Campus.
This is a new position in which the appointed facilitator will be expected to drive the entire Welding Trades Qualification programme in a new campus. Therefore, the person must be self-disciplined, organized, and confident in decision making, working in a team, and setting the direction for the teaching and delivery of the qualification.
- Interviews before 20 March 2022.
- Commencement Date as soon as possible.
- Gross Salary – Industry related / no benefits.
The trainer will report to the Campus Manager and fall within the scope of the Africa Skills Management team governed by the CEO and Board of Directors.
The function of the Welding Occupational Trade trainer is to prepare the learner for their Welding Occupational Qualification Trade. The trainer will be required to follow the Welding Occupational Qualification at the campus and ensure that the learners are suitably prepared for the Trade Test. The centre is also a Trade test Centre and therefore registration as a facilitator, assessor and moderator in your trade will be beneficial.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a trade certificate in Millwright OR Welding.
- Must be a qualified and registered facilitator and assessor with the SETA and QCTO.
- Must have relevant knowledge of and recognised exposure in the Welding trade.
- Must have verifiable training and or mentorship experience within a college or private training facility.
- Must have a working understanding of the QCTO Occupational qualifications training programme delivery.
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite, reporting, presentations, teams PowerPoint, SharePoint, and the use of web applications.
The person will be responsible for, but not limited to the following Tasks and core skills:
- Planning and organizing and delivery of teaching and learning of the Welding Trade and related short skills Programmes.
- Facilitation of teaching and learning of the Welding Trade and related short skills Programmes.
- Documented Programme and lesson planning and the utilization of multiple teaching and learning methods in the delivery process in accordance with the Company methodology.
- Use of the online learner systems and online blended teaching and learning resources.
- Assessment and moderation of Learners undergoing the Welding Trade and related short skills Programmes in line with regulations and the company framework.
- Trade test Assessment and Moderation
- Learner Administration compliance and control as relates to Learners undergoing the Welding Trade and related short skills Programmes
- Classroom and Practical training room management include but is not limited to the control of tools and equipment, consumables, teaching and learning resources and learners within these spaces.
- Budget control and compliance to ensure optimal use of resources, prevention of waste and fruitless expenditure.
- Statutory compliance to Government, OHS, Legislative and management laws and rules.
- Customer Service / Communication as an essential part of liaison with management, colleagues, learners, host employers, Seta’s and QCTO representatives.
SEND CV TO firstname.lastname@example.org
or What’s app for more information to +27 66 479 6887